Our home is where we spend a majority of our time, and try as we might to make it attractive, there is always something extra that can add a little luxury to the ambience, and if you are looking for something a little exotic, here are some great ideas on how to make your living space a bit special.
- An Attractive Aroma – Scented candles come in many shapes and sizes, and with a little imagination, you can create the ideal aroma for the home. These burn silently in the background and within minutes, the air is full of the exotic scents of cedar wood or pine, and your mood will be calm and serene. Joss sticks are also a good idea, and have them in the lounge for periodic use after dinner, and in the early morning, it is nice to put a couple out on the balcony.
- LED Lighting – Modern lighting solutions offer the homeowner arrange of ambient settings, and with dimmer switches, you have total control. A pendant light over the dining table will add a touch of elegance to any dining room. These innovative units come in strips with adhesive backing, and this allows you to be very creative with both interior and exterior lighting. If in doubt, call in an electrician and he will suggest some ways to radically improve on your current lighting set up.
- Background Music – This is very easy to set up, and if you have a modern stereo system at home, the speakers can be set up via Bluetooth, allowing for wireless solutions. Technology has given us tiny speakers can give amazing sound, and by hiding them, you have the ideal ambience.
- Plantation Shutters – All the rage this year, plantation shutters add a touch of elegance to any interior, and with a range of colours and fabrics, you can find the ideal combination for your lounge and kitchen. Vertical blinds are also an effective screening solution, and with customised units, your interior will look like a show home. There are online companies that would happily send someone to your home and together, you could discuss your screening options, and finally get rid of those old curtains.
- Introduce Nature – Dried grass and other exotic houseplants can really make a difference, with the shades of green adding a new dimension to the ambience. If there is sufficient natural light, you can place some nice vases near the windows, and if you have a conservatory, that is the ideal place for some serious greenery. Some small hanging baskets in the hall and corridors will not go amiss, and with scented candles burning in the background, the ambience will be ideal for rest and relaxation.
If you have all the basics, it doesn’t need to cost a fortune to brighten up your home, and with a little creativity and imagination, you can transform the ambience and make the home a nicer place.