Most homeowners will make improvements over time, and each will add a level of comfort or convenience, while also adding to the property value. Major home improvements are never cheap, as quality needs to be a priority, but if you would like to brighten up the exterior of your home, there are affordable options, and with a little creativity and inspiration, you can dramatically transform the look of any home. After a few years, the exterior can start to look a little jaded, and it might be time to think about an exterior revamp, and if you are in that position, here are a few ideas.
- Fencing and Gating – You might have timber fencing, which does require regular maintenance, and rather than giving it another coat of paint, why not replace the wooden fencing with a custom-made aluminium system? There are a range of styles and colours, and if you are into the rustic look, you can have timber grained aluminium. Bespoke fencing is the ideal solution and there are so many designs and styles to choose from, all at affordable prices.
- Replace the Garage doors – If you are going to have new fencing and gating fitted, you might as well replace the garage doors to complete the look. You can choose a style and colour that goes well with the fencing, and with motorised units that are durable and maintenance free, you have the ideal solution. You should consider roller garage doors by Auto Roll, an online supplier of bespoke units that are some of the best on the market.
- Exterior Window Shutters – This is a great way to spruce up your exterior, and the latest generation of exterior shutters offer you many design choices. They can be decorative and also provide the ideal screening solutions, and with bespoke creations, you can have the shutters to perfectly match your existing window openings.
- Lighting – LED lighting offers the homeowner so much in terms of design, and with LED strips, you can attach soft hues to the underside of your window sills, which will give your home a warm glow in the evenings. Low power output means a saving on your energy bills, and with so many hues and shades, there’s no limit to what you can achieve, and with lighting an integral part of the ambience, you can transform the appearance overnight with LED lighting.
- Resurface the Driveway – This is always a welcome addition, and if your current drive is tarmac, it won’t cost much to have it resurfaced, and with a range of colours available, you are not restricted to the standard black. You might also want to change the kerbstones, which will definitely boost the appearance, and by using contrasting colours, your home will be the envy of your neighbours.
If you have yet to carry out any of the above improvements, they might be a cost effective way to brighten up the home, and as summer is almost upon us, you can host a few parties to celebrate.